top of page

Military Veterans


Attention Military Veterans!  


Patty Baker, Clerk of Courts would like to take an opportunity to thank you for your service.  It is because of the selfless service of Veterans, that the United States of America remains the greatest country in the world.  

As you transition from the military into civilian life, many Veterans do not realize their DD214 should be recorded in the Deeds and Records Department of the county in which they reside.  If you are new to Cherokee County, we would first like to welcome you and also encourage you to have your DD214 recorded here in Cherokee County.  Many times people have them recorded but then move to another state or county.  This is a FREE service offered to all veterans.  This service is especially helpful if in the future, you require a certified copy of the DD214.  The Clerk of Court would be able to provide a certified copy free of charge!

While this has been established by legislation, many Veterans are unaware.  The link to view the Statute is O.C.G.A 15-6-72

©2021 Brought to you by the Cherokee County Clerk of Courts

bottom of page